Getting backlinks from Document sharing sites
Document sharing sites allow you to upload your documents in .pdf, .doc, .ppt format etc... You can leave your website link in the description field.
Users can upload their work in various formats and network with other writers while building their platform and directing traffic to their own website or blog. Authors have the ability to share segments of their work, while building interest in a novel that's ready for release or still in progress. Because of the overall utility, Document sharing sites has become a networking site that any writer or publisher can use to create backlinks, or by directing traffic to an official website. To build backlinks through Document sharing sites, users must first sign in, edit their profile and upload items such as original content that includes their website link at the end of the document.
Put live links in the document itself so that people who are viewing the document can click through the link while they are reading the document.
- Sign in to Document sharing site using your user name or email address and password or by signing in with Facebook. Navigate to your dashboard and hover your mouse over your name in the upper right-hand corner.
- Select "Settings" from the drop down menu that appears and then click on the "Profile" tab at the top of your screen. Include a link to your website or blog in your "Bio" field by pasting the URL address under your biography information. Include a second link to your site by typing it in to the "Website" field toward the bottom of the screen.
- Click on the "Save Changes" button once you've finished and navigate to your user profile page by clicking on your user name at the top of the screen. Check your public profile for any errors and make changes when necessary.
- Open one of the documents you have uploaded to Scribd. Edit the file on your hard drive to include a link to your website or blog at the end of your content. Replace the file you have uploaded on Document sharing site either by overwriting the old file with the newer updated version, or by opening the folder on Scribd that contains the file and making the edits manually.
- Save your changes once you've finished. Then changes and backlinks will take place publicly. Change your backlinks at any time by going into your "Profile" settings and editing the files you have uploaded to Document sharing site.